Monday, May 27, 2013

Dreaming Of Jack Rogers.......

Yes, Yes. I said I never would, but, I caught the Jack Rogers bug! I do not have a pair......Everyone knows, the chic, gorgeous, and all tooo cute classic preppy sandals are totally in this summer. Don't know exactly what Jack Rogers are? Here's a pic...
Seen these before? Jog your memory? 
If you go anywhere in the summertime.....your bound to see at least 3 pairs.
This iconic brand developed in Capri in the 60s, and became officially "iconic" when Jackie O started wearing them. 
Check out those cute kicks!
So, yeah, Jack Rogers have been worn by preppy people everywhere ever since!
Now, the Brand has been recognized in the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and they have their own store on Madison Av. in NYC.
So, you're probably wondering, since I know so much about these shoes, why don't I have a pair? 
Well, for one thing, they cost $110. yes, $110 that I don't have, and my parents aren't going to spend on a pair of sandals. SO, I settled on a pair of fake-os from the Shoe Dept. For $20, and vowed to resist the  $110, real leather beauties, and press on in my $20 bargains. 

Well, they looked pretty good for a while, then, the plastic started peeling, the bottoms started to peel off, etc. Now-don't get me wrong, I'm all for fake-os. I say, if it looks real, no one else has to know! (well, these dont really look that real, but anyways). So, I have to have a new pair. 
Well, through the days of me wearing these fakies, I would see fellow preppy people, struttin' their stuff in their new Jacks, (real Jacks). And I'd think, shoot, I reallyyy want some of those beautiful, real jack rogers..... So yeah, I caught the Jack Rogers bug real bad, and fell head over heels in love with a pair of Navajos in Platinum....
Purty, aren't they? So, I don't want to spend my hard-earned bucks on a pair of sandals, do I? But I do..... 
So, anyway, your homegirl did the right thing, resisted these fabulously real Jack Rogers, and didn't spend the bucks. (my frugal side is stronger than my preppy one....most of the time). 
But. I was on ebay, and found them!!! My darling Jack Rogers Navajos in Platinum size 7! 
for a mere 65 buckaroos! So hip-hip-hooray!
YAY! So, my beautiful frugal preppys, if you've caught the Jack Rogers bug, like me, and yearn for the lovely leather sandals (So you can be matchers with the iconic Jackie O!) There is hope! I am an eBAy lover! I sell my old stuff on there all the time, and you build up a balance, so it's basically like a gift card where you can trade in your old junk for fabulous things! 
So, my pretties, check out eBay, before you shed a tear over the forbidden, $110 shoes
So yeah, I'm in love. And I can't wait for my Jacks to arrive! 
xoxo~BellaGrace



11 comments:

  1. Hello, I was actually wondering if you could help me out a little. I am trying to look for a pair of real jack rogers as well but, I'm having trouble knowing what is real and what is fake. What confuses me is the font of "Jack Rogers" on the soul of the shoe. The pair that you say is real, has skinny block letters while other pairs have a looser font. The R in Rogers dips down below the O and the ends are kinda curly. I've been trying real hard to get to the bottom of this so I went onto the offical website, jackrogersusa.com and found a third font!!! Here the letters seamed to be more spaced out and a little less defined. The font used on the shoe is the same font the logo "Jack Rogers" is in. So are those real??? Some how I think yes because I was on the real website but, you say that the pair with block letters are real! Please help. I still need to do a lot of research and I was hoping you had some answers. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This picture in the post is not actually the pair I bought, thats just a google picture (didn't feel like uploading, and they look similar:P) SO I really don't know if that pictured pair is real or not. Jack Rogers use both a curly font and a block-typed font. So both block letters and curly letters are used. It really depends on which shoe you get. for example, Nantuckets are used with block letters, Here's a JR USA link :) http://www.jackrogersusa.com/shoes/sandals/nantucket
      and some navajos. While some of them will have a curly looking font http://www.jackrogersusa.com/shoes/sandals/sparkle-glitter . It really depends. The best thing to go by is the quality. If they seem really nice quality, with made of leather with a wooden heel, with the proper stitching, they are most likely not fake, somebody trying to do a cheap knockoff isn't gonna spend a lot of $$ making something fake. And leather and wooden soles are expensive. eBay is a goood way to go most times. Mine are in a block font, and I paid $65 on eBay for them. They came in a Jack Rogers box, and are really high quality, and match up perfectly with all my Jack-Roger-Bearing-Buds. Plus, eBay does this thing called "buyer protection" and if you unkowingly buy a counterfeit, you report it and get a refund. But, if you're really worried about it, just order from the jackrogersusa website, or buy them from Nordstrom or Neiman Marcus. :)

      Delete
  2. Where exactly did you buy the cheap o ones from?? I've been looking for a while now and can't seem to find any! Help!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. shoeshow.com They're called Hot Cakes :) However I own real Jack Rogers and I definitely would suggest them over fakies :) Hope this helps! :D

      Delete
  3. I have some of the real ones, but I wanted to try out one of the fake pairs! can you help me find them online?! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. shoeshow.com They're called Hot Cakes :) However I own real Jack Rogers and I definitely would suggest them over fakies :) Hope this helps! :D

      Delete
  4. I have always said the same thing...I think it would physically hurt me to spend $110 on sandals, but I just scored a pair at T.J. Maxx for $36. They were on sale for $65, then on clearance for $39, then they gave me 10% off! Don't forget to look in these stores, you can usually find great deals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1) You are adorable and your blog is, too.

    2) THANK YOU! I have a dear friend who is obsessed with my Jacks, but she needs the look "for less"...at the same time, she wants ones that look nice, so she asked me to recommend something. I have spent 30 minutes searching for JR dupes and your blog was the only helpful review I found-- now I know to advise her to avoid this specific brand, and that you think buying Jacks on sale is a much better move.

    3) I have almost 20 pairs of Jack Rogers, because I'm old, I've been collecting them for a decade, AND because I score amazing deals on eBay, especially off-season. Happy hunting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you tried the pierre dumas brand or franco fortini? I bought a pair of the pierre dumas and stubbed my toe and the "leather" coating on the foot bed rolled off...within the first 15 minutes of wearing them. Rack room sells the franco brand for about 50 bucks. Was wondering if anyone had tried those.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you tried the pierre dumas brand or franco fortini? I bought a pair of the pierre dumas and stubbed my toe and the "leather" coating on the foot bed rolled off...within the first 15 minutes of wearing them. Rack room sells the franco brand for about 50 bucks. Was wondering if anyone had tried those.

    ReplyDelete